Supporting public disclosure with the Hillsborough Independent Panel
Atos has been closely involved with the Hillsborough Independent Panel in developing and implementing a new strategy and methodology for public disclosure of information. This breakthrough project has promoted openness and public accountability, and is proving to be a replicable model for Government.
Atos worked with the Hillsborough Secretariat to:
- Devise methodologies and establish systems for this new process
- Establish trusting relationships with all the contributors
- Devise and implement redaction protocols that were used by every contributor
- Help overcome the legal complexities and other sensitivities uncovered
- Support the publication of the report and the creation of a public archive
The scale of the disclosure was unprecedented. The Panel delivered:
- A comprehensive report into the events at Hillsborough and their aftermath
- A permanent archive of over 25,000 documents
- More than 350,000 pages online, with a full downloadable catalogue
For Atos, the project was an important opportunity to demonstrate its own values of trust, excellence and innovation. It is an example of Atos’ ability to break new ground to support open data and transparency of public information.
Download Case Study