Allowing banking organisations to protect their critical corporate web applications from attack
Press headlines leave no doubt that cyber attacks continue to increase in their sophistication. Security managers can no longer focus only on perimeter and host security – the application has become a prime target for hackers.
The application could be your online banking solution, supplier online exchange or your customer database. Next-generation firewalls and intrusion detection systems are unable to provide sufficient protection for these precious assets, due to the wide range of traffic accessing critical web applications, both public and internal.
Now there’s a solution that enables the organisation to protect its data, its business, and its reputation.
Winning the fight against cybercrime in the banking sector
Web Threat Protection for Financial Services (WTPFS) from Atos and Imperva is a cloud-based web application firewall (WAF) service that allows banking organisations to protect their critical corporate applications from attack.
The firewall also achieves compliance and assurance within a managed, fully serviced, dynamic and uniquely tailored environment.
WTPFS enables financial firms to deal with the challenges of a digital world, where new technologies create opportunities for greater customer engagement but can also open the doors to higher levels of cyber-attack and create a far wider remit for diligence in security.
WAFs are the first line of defence against web application attacks, protecting custom web applications at a granular level against web attacks.
Our WTPFS solution addresses the diverse priorities within an organisation’s need for cyber security, identifying and acting upon dangers maliciously woven into innocent-looking website traffic; traffic that slips right through traditional defences. This includes:
Application vulnerability attacks:
- SQL injection (SQLi)
- Cross-site scripting (XSS)
- Remote file inclusion
Business logic attacks:
- Site scraping
- Comment spam/ Fake bank notifications
- Account takeover attacks
Atos retains extensive expertise in Imperva hardware and software and can manage the implementation of the entire product set including any supporting components.
- Monitor and block: the WAF will monitor and block malicious exploits and can virtually patch application vulnerabilities, prevent sensitive data leaks from web applications and report security events on website vulnerabilities.
- Inspect both encrypted and unencrypted: the WAF technology inspects both encrypted and unencrypted inbound web traffic.
- Analyse users: the WAF analyses all user access to business-critical web applications and protects applications and their data from attacks.
- Learn normal behaviour: the WAF will dynamically learn your applications’ ‘normal’ behaviour, correlating this with the industry’s leading threat intelligence for web applications and the real-time intelligence from the Imperva WAF cloud to deliver superior protection for your business.