Our mission: the pursuit of financial profitability with a conscious environmental and social impact.
Atos’ Corporate Responsibility programme mission is developed in 4 different domains of action:
- Governance, Ethics & Compliance
- Social Responsibility & Corporate Citizenship
- Environmental Commitment
- Business Development
Our Five High Level Commitments
The Group has establish five high level commitments to drive the whole Corporate Responsibility programme that serve as focal goals to guide international approach, implementations and advancements of the company worldwide.
- To improve corporate performance and public reporting in accordance with international best practices and operate in compliance with sustainable sector standards, anticipating new European regulations.
- To reduce our global corporate footprint and establish green policies that will foster operational performance.
- To continuously undertake proactive dialogue with our main stakeholders to understand and respond to their expectations. Atos is totally committed to the strategic goal of becoming a “great place to work” and a Zero email™ company through the development of new ways of working, collaborative tools and high-trust workplace cultures.
- To invest in and develop the wellbeing at work of our people and the contribution to local communities; be a responsible employer.
- To support our clients on their journey towards environmental excellence, with innovative solutions and a differentiating portfolio
By placing sustainability at the core of our corporate strategy, Atos has been able to build on a sound foundation and expand its activities and achievements in this area. Significant achievements so far include:
The Atos Smart Campus concept was rolled out to Atos Pune, India where a sustainable office environment is now operating, which reduces energy usage and incorporates facilities for new ways of working.
Low Emission Zone Glasgow Following investment in research and development, the joint Atos Siemens Cloud-based Low Emission Zone Solution, the GreenZone, is piloted in Glasgow to address air quality issues.
Atos Poland: a Great Place to Work.
In March, we received our first Great Place to Work award for our Poland office. Since 2011, more than 20 Atos countries and Geographical Business Units and over 42,000 employees have taken part in the Great Place to Work survey.
In April 2012, for the second time running, Atos was awarded GRI A+ status for its Corporate Responsibility Report.
Our Ambition Zero Carbon offering was expanded to help clients towards more sustainable operations.
Atos IT Challenge 2012. The annual Atos IT Challenge set the theme of Smart Mobility in 2012 for teams from 25 universities (from the UK, France, Germany, Spain, The Netherlands and India) who were presented with the challenge of finding a new, innovative and useful technology that can be used anywhere, anytime and on any device to add value to a business or an individual. The team of IT Talents from Fontys Hogeschool, Eindhoven in the Netherlands, won this year’s Atos IT Challenge in June for their Multilens Smart Mobility app
The Atos vision for the next generation of cities and workplaces was strengthened by a partnership agreement with real estate specialists, AOS Studley, to offer Atos customers an innovative end-to-end offering to create The Future Workplace.
Zero email™ certified As part of its successful delivery of technology for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, Atos contributed to reducing the carbon footprint of London 2012 by introducing key processes that were Zero email™ certified.
A special Wellbeing@work week for employees worldwide brought our people together for local activities.
Atos was selected to enter the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for Europe, demonstrating its leadership qualities in sustainability in the IT sector.
blueKiwi ZEN was launched to support our customers in communicating and collaborating more efficiently. Our social media enterprise platform will reduce data deluge by organising, processing and sharing information in a smarter way.
Reducing our corporate footprint. In November we set even more ambitious targets to reduce our global carbon footprint – by 50% by 2015, based on a 2008 baseline
Atos and SAP announced a new partnership based on a commitment to develop a range of sustainable IT solutions for the business challenges of today and tomorrow.
Atos MyCar, electric car project. In December we launched our MyCar electric car project at our Headquarters in Bezons, France, powered by our own energy generated by solar panels on site and available for employees to visit clients
Awards and Recognition
In 2012, Atos obtained a number of certifications and awards in recognition of our achievements in the area of corporate responsibility. These included:
Sustainability solutions and Innovation
- Atos received the Frost & Sullivan 2012 Global Visionary Innovation Award for its Zero email™ programme.
- Atos and its partners, Academica and Helsingin Energia, won a prestigious award for their green cloud datacentre. The centre provides the city of Helsinki with energy based on heat recovery and received the ICT Project of the Year award at the 600 Minutes Executive IT event.
- Atos received the 2012 SAP Pinnacle award as the Sustainability Partner of the Year.
- Atos won a top industry award for its modern apprenticeship scheme at the 2012 Modern Apprenticeship Awards, organised by Skills Development Scotland (SDS).
- Gartner, Inc. positioned Atos in the Magic Quadrant for Datacentre Outsourcing and Infrastructure Utility Services, Europe, based on its “ability to execute” and“completeness of vision.”
- Syclo, a leading provider of enterprise mobile solutions, named ENERGY4U, an Atos company and a leading systems integrator for SAP implementations, as the winner of its annual Partner of the Year Award 2012.
- Atos received an honorable mention at the IT Gala in Slovakia for its IT employment services system, which has been implemented at the Department of Labor, Social Affairs, and Family.
Corporate Governance & Compliance
- The India Geographical Business unit successfully completed PCMM (People Capability Maturity Model) Level 5 and has been recommended for PCMM Level 5 certification.
- In the Netherlands, Atos entered the CO2-Performanceladder at Level 4 of 5.