The strategic Alliance between Atos and Siemens was launched in July 2011, as an integral part of the transaction between both groups to combine their IT solutions and services resources. The objective of this unique Global Alliance between a global industrial technology manufacturer and a global IT provider, is to maximize the combined strength of Siemens’ products and solutions with Atos’ foundation IT and business enabling IT solutions.
Our business partnership includes:
- More than 15 defined collaboration areas in which a joint business approach promises to create compelling propositions for our customers and additional value for both of our own companies;
- Joint innovation by the use of a EUR 100 million investment fund, where both companies are contributing an equal share, focusing on generating new, unique and competitive joint solutions
- The participation of Atos in Siemens One, the Siemens go-to-market framework for large scale accounts
- Country level collaboration focusing on local opportunities on joint customers
Our joint teams are active in a number of collaboration areas and domains in all relevant industry sectors:
- Industry and Manufacturing with a focus on Product Lifecycle Management, Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Healthcare with a focus on cloud based solutions
- Transport, with a focus among others on Road Transport, and Rail Operations
- Infrastructure, with a focus among others around Airports and Data Centers
A most recently identified collaboration area is in the field of Oil & Gas.
Our joint approach
Being a true partner with roots in Siemens, we know Siemens better than anybody else. And thanks to decades of experience with our partners at Siemens in a wide range of vertical markets, we also know our mutual customers’ business almost as well as they do themselves.
As innovation is key to the development of the alliance, both Siemens and Atos have established a joint investment fund, with both partners contributing 50 million EUR each. This will enable the development of new and unique joint capabilities that the companies will jointly bring to market. To-date, the investment fund has initiated seven new projects and enjoys a continuous flow of new innovative ideas.
Additionally, on a sales collaboration perspective, in line with the participation of Atos to Siemens One, the support of Siemens to several significant sales campaigns allowed Atos to create the difference versus its competitors.
The activities of Siemens in their Energy, Healthcare, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled Siemens to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been their hallmarks for 165 years, making Siemens strong and linking Siemens to its shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
Siemens is one of the world’s largest providers of green technologies.
Products and solutions from their Environmental Portfolio already account for some 42 % of Siemens’ total revenue. In fiscal 2012, roughly 370,000 employees generated revenue from continuing operations of about € 78 billion and income from continuing operations of € 5.2 billion.
For more information visit:
Atos acquisition of Siemens IT Solutions and Services