Birmingham is a city that’s vibrant, affordable and welcoming and has excellent motorway and rail access to all parts of the UK.
From museums, attractions, shopping centres and restaurants to the eclectic British arts scene, culture and a world famous chocolate factory, Birmingham is a city that’s vibrant, affordable and welcoming.
There are loads of things to do in the area:
- Shopping in the city is excellent with the Bullring, the Mailbox and the Fort Shopping Centre
- Events at the NEC (not far from BBP!), Birmingham Symphony Hall, and National Indoor Arena all offer a fantastic opportunity to see world class talent.
- Cadbury World is a short Train journey from Birmingham New Street to Bournville – and you may event get free samples as you walk around!
- If you like football there are a few top flight teams in the Midlands area – West Bromwich Albion, Aston Villa and Birmingham City
- There is an array of fantastic bars and restaurants in Birmingham. The best places to go for drinks is Arcadian and Brindley place.
- For food there is a good selection of restaurants by the Bullring shopping center, Brindley Place and at the Mailbox – Nando’s/Gourmet Burger Kitchen/Pizza Hut/Pizza Express/Jamie’s Italian to name a few.
- Star City is also good venue for food and cinema. Short drive out of Birmingham and they sell Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream!
There’s plenty to do just a few miles for the city in Solihull and the Black Country too – including some of the best retail therapy in the region, world class music venues, outstanding heritage attractions and stunning countryside and rural villages.
Where is Birmingham?
Are there any other grads working from this office?
We have a small community of graduates in Birmingham and we all catch up for lunch most days. It’s great to have a grad community here in addition to our team in which we work. As a recent grad, it’s great that this community is made up of a range of intakes as it means we can ask lots of questions and have an insight into their experiences!
Is it easy to travel and park?
Most people travel by car, as there is a really decent sized car park on site, and also an overflow car park that is a 2 minute walk from the office. The Office is easily accessible off the M42 and M6 and follow signs initially to the NEC, you will then see signs to Birmingham Business Park, which is where we are based.
Public Transport – If you’d prefer to get public transport then don’t worry! There plenty of good transport links with the nearest train station being Birmingham International which has good connections locally and across the UK. For those wanting to live in central Birmingham, this station is a 5-6 minute journey from Birmingham New Street.
If I move to the area, where are the best places to live?
There are plenty of places to live in the surrounding area, whether you’re looking for cheap and cheerful or more up-market. The more cost-effective areas to rent are Marston Green and Chelmsley Wood, which are approximately 10 minutes’ drive from the office. If you’re looking for an upmarket area, then Solihull is lovely, although it is a bit more pricy. Solihull is approximately 20 minutes’ drive from the office.
What are the options for lunch?
Within the Birmingham office there are two break out areas which offer tea, coffee and squash. Also there are free coffee machines with cappuccinos, lattes, mochas and freshly brewed leaf tea. The break-out areas are where the grads generally meet for a catch-up. Both break-out areas also have vending machines if you need a chocolate fix! Other options for lunch include the café opposite the office called O’Briens which offers your standard tasty hot food from jacket potatoes to paninis. In addition, there is a WH Smith if you’re looking for a meal-deal or a snack and the sandwich wagon also arrives every day at 10.30. If you fancy a drive, there are plenty of places nearby - KFC and McDonalds are a 10minute drive from the office, ASDA Supermarket is 15minutes away and The Little Owl, Vintage Inn Pub is not far and serves a good selection of food. On a Friday the grads will often drive to The Little Owl or White Horse for a pub lunch.