How to succeed with your application.
We’re keen for you to succeed with your Apprenticeship Programme applications, wherever you apply, so we hope this helps!
First, you’ll be asked to fill out an application form. Read more
It’s been carefully formulated to highlight your most important skills and qualities, so as long as you answer truthfully in detail, you can be sure you’ll be considered equally
against other applicants. (Plus, you won’t need to worry about writing a CV!).
Hints & Tips
- In the work experience section you can include any experience e.g. a week’s unpaid work / weekend jobs / holiday work / voluntary activities or any full time roles you may have had
- Remember that we want to get to know you, so be sure to include and draw on any information around other experiences you have had e.g. sports teams/ coaching/ clubs etc.
- Don’t rely on automated grammar and spelling checks
- Ask someone to proof read your application before you submit
After your application has been submitted, you’ll receive a call from a member of our recruitment team. Read more
Online SHL Tests
Our online deductive and verbal reasoning tests will determine your ability to think logically and communicate fluently. Read more
Hints & Tips
- Find a quiet place to sit the tests and make sure you will not be disturbed
- Take the tests at a time when you are well rested and not too anxious
- Do take the practice tests first (the team will advise you of where to locate them)
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection to avoid technical difficulties
If you pass the online tests, you’ll be invited to a formal telephone interview. Read more
We’ll focus on your strengths, so it’s a good idea to take a look through our apprenticeship pages, and think about how you suit what we’re looking for.
Hints & Tips
- The interview will be pre –scheduled so make sure that the time suits you
- Find a quiet place to conduct the interview
- Prepare as you would do a face to face interview i.e. conduct research into Atos and think about why you are applying for the Apprenticeship
- Have examples to back up any statements you make. If you say you are a good team player, be prepared to tell us why, how and when
- As with the application form, remember that we want to get to know you, so be sure to talk about your school / college / work experience or any sports teams/ coaching/ clubs or volunteering activities that you have been involved with
- Prepare your own questions to ask. It will show us that you have done some research into the company
- Understand the role that you are applying for
- Be confident
Our assessment centre is your chance to really shine in front of our recruitment experts. Read more
Hints & Tips
- Make sure you know where you are going and allow plenty of time to get there
- Prepare the necessary documents that you are required to bring beforehand
- Listen to instructions and ask questions if you are unsure
- If you feel that one exercise didn’t go as well as you had hoped, don't let it affect your overall performance, just focus on doing well in the next exercise
- The Assessment Centre is about us understanding how you go about doing things. Approach each exercise in the way you would normally face that type of situation, don’t try and second guess what we’re looking for!
- This is also your opportunity to learn more about Atos – there will be plenty of information at the event and different representatives to talk to
General Hints & Tips
- Do ask questions!
- The recruitment team are here to support you through the process, please don’t hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01344 471370.